AYSAM

AYSAM, redelijk onbekende producer uit Parijs (natuurlijk!). Toch draait hij z'n kont langzaam in het wereldje. Met de support van zijn goede vrienden Justice, werd hij vorig jaar bijna gecontracteerd door Pedro Winter. Dit liep echter mis, maar het toont wel aan dat het zeker een grote kan worden. Leer hem wat beter kennen met behulp van het interview en houd 'm in de gaten!
Hey Aysam! Tell us a little bit about yourself. What's your real name? How old are you? Where are you from?
My real name is Aysam Rahmania. I'm 28. I'm from Paris, France. My parents met in Paris, Texas and hope to marry in Paris, Bulgaria.
Can you explain why all the good producers are from France?
I guess it's because of good wine, good food and the most pretty girls in the world.
Actually it's all about cycles. It's been boring for 10 years, since the Daft era. Now we're back. It's all about a common energy, friends makin' music with no complex, humour and fun. And maybe because of rejecting the french social pessimistic way of thinking. This is my point.
Your style fits perfect with Ed Rec, when will you release your first EP there?
Oh, actually Pedro was up to do somethin with me last year but because of his schedule (Uffie...) it didn't happen. My next EP will be released after the summer. I cant tell you about the label but you know it well....surprise...
What can we expect from you in the future?
Afew remixes are comin': Goodbooks (Columbia-Sony/UK), Vive la Fete, Motormark and more... ; a short movie soundtrack and a short movie as a director in october.
An EP too as I said. A hard pop funk in a side and a disco track ("Mezzo Fiasco" - check on my myspace) . Then I'm thinkin' about the album, collecting some singer parts...
After then, we could expect a collab with Michael Jackson with a featuring of Kim Gordon.
What are your influences and who inspires you?
I've listened to a lot of kinds of music actually.
Beatles and Stevie Wonder by my mom, Michael Jackson, Wham, Prince... I was a fan of them as a naive child and now I'm impressed by those artits in a musical way. 80's funk, then late 80's rap then i've been into indie rock like Sonic Youth, Nivana, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion... also Beck (all the B faces are mad), and hip hop r'n'b producers like Neptunes and Timbaland.
I do liked Aphex Twin or Matthew Herbert a few years ago but i wouldn't say it is influence...
Even if I've been into indie or special stuffs I've always listened some pop stuffs. There are thousands of songs.
I could be influenced by chords in a stupid french song...
Who is your favorite producer at the moment?
Timbaland since his come back with Nelly Furtado and Justin. My friends of Justice too.
You are also DJ'ing at parties, what sounds do you bring to the audience?
All I listen too. Some of the new lectro scene with some Prince or Michael or Wham edits mixed with Jon Spencer Explosion edits, Justin...
What do you like more, producing or DJ'ing?
I like DJ'ing but it doesn't bring the same as producing your stuff. You produce what you wanna listen too so...
1 opmerking:
Mooi stukje!
Een reactie posten